Melonkini Beachin'

21:45

Melon Bikini // Kirsty Wears Blog
Wearing Crochet Watermelon Bikini
Wearing Crochet Watermelon BikiniWearing Crochet Watermelon Bikini

Watermelon Bikin - Made By Me
Shorts - Levi Denim (Thailand) 
Kimono - Topshop (Similar)
Sunglasses - Rayban (Thailand)

I was a little reluctant to blogging myself in a bikini, as after editing through the 'blogable' shots I was suddenly aware of so much chunk that was on show. I am not the slimmest of girls and I am certainly not body confident, forever wishing and longing to be one of those girls who loves going to the gym and eating healthily. I'm the complete opposite I love my food (carbs) and I love a good biscuit, I hate going to the gym and drag myself crying every time I do go (pretending/convincing myself I love it really -_-). Since being in Thailand I have took it upon myself to starting getting fit and have been gyming on and off since November so I do feel a little bit better in myself however I'm still vary aware that I have a long way to go to achieve where I would like my body and mind to be. But one step and one less packet of m&m's at a time, I am slowly getting there. I hope to be a dress size down by the time I return home in July.

Anywhoo enough talking about my body and lets talk about my melonkini. Are you in love? Because I am, this snazzy little crochet number was my very first crochet attempt and I going to blow my own horn and let you know that it is fabulous. After sharing my first make on Facebook and instagram a few people (nicely) joked not to go swimming as it might end up around my ankles, which I'm not going to lie slightly burst my crochet bikini bubble. Was it going to stretch and become really heavy when wet? So the day came, I'm wearing my crochet bikini and we are heading to the beach, I've got my spare bikini in my bag just in case this all goes terribly down hill (literally). In my head I don't see how the bikini can stretch as I crocheted with a tight tension and used 100% acrylic which is water resistant at the best of times. But it was my first time in a woollen bikini so I was heading in blind. Thankfully everything was fine and the bikini did not stretch or become heavy it stayed immaculate, in shape and dried really quickly in the sunshine. Perfecto' you can imagine the relief I felt as I slowly made my way out of the water head down waiting to catch my dignity but everything stayed just where it was suppose to aha. So for any of you who had those pre crochetkini nerves I am here to put your mind at ease it is safe to go swimming. 

I would love to hear your thoughts on wearing crochet bikinis and whether you'd be interest in buying a watermelon one just like this, as I have some plans to make and sell some when I return in July? For a closer look see my previous post on this bikini here

You Might Also Like

0 comments