Travel With Me // 6 Months in Koh Samui Thailand

13:56

Can you believe me and James have already reached the half way point to our island adventure, I certainly cannot. It seems only last week I was just arriving in Koh Samui to join James and being our journey. So with that said and of course 2014 coming to a close I thought I would take this time as the perfect opportunity to round up a few of my favourite memories of our Thailand experience so far, and maybe a few extra blog posts over December just give you a little more insight and my opinion on some the places we have visited and stayed. Almost like a mini 'Koh Samui Guide' - just in case you plan on visiting here some day (I know I am helpful like that). The majority of the 6 months we have lived in Koh Samui Island which if you don't know already is about 1 hour plane ride from Central Thailand, Bangkok. We have stayed all over Koh Samui Island (which is only small) which means I can fill you in with all its best bits and places. So look out for those post to follow, but for now here are my best bits.. Hope you enjoy xo

Wolf Dress // Chaweng Beach - Kirsty Wears Blog
Pages from my journal - Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog
Scrapbook - Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

Since graduating from university and working full time I struggled to find the time to do all the things I loved, drawing and designing being one of them. So Thailand for me has also been about being able to get back into the things that I am passionate about (one being my blog), and the other just freely being able to doodle away. So my little collection of drawings and tat means a lot to me, and I cannot wait to look back on it in years to come.. So yes James that does mean I am going to continue on shell hunting.

Thailand and it's wonderful markets - Favourite Memories // Kirsty Wears Blog
Thailand Market Finds - Kirsty Wears

Ok so if you follow me over on instagram or twitter, or even know me in person (lol) then you'll know that I am a massive collector of all things pretty and fabric and jewels. With that said the markets here in Thailand have been one of my highlights and yes most of it is all the same and yes most of it is all pretty junk, but I love all that and could spend every evening just strolling around seeing what I can find. If I was left to my own accord (which James safely knows not to do) I would literally be penniless and probably back home already.

Endless Summer - Koh Nang Yuang Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

The endless beach days. To be a beach bum probably has been a dream of mine since I can remember, and to say that I have fulfilled that dream (for one year) makes me super happy. All your worries, troubles and stresses gone just like that, all you have is time and time to yourself which I think is important to all of us. Being able to wake up every morning, well nearly every morning - we have had quite a lot of rain recently (which slightly ruined beach days aha) and being able to just go sit on a beach for half the day or more has just been a dream and has been one of my favourite things. Because we have been on the island for so long now, we have almost seen and done pretty much everything we wanted to do therefore each day we are just living and enjoying having all this time to ourselves to just live and not worry. Honestly anyone who is considering travelling for a year or just living in a different country, I'd 100% say to you DO IT, and you'll be surprised how fast the time goes and that it self makes me glad that I did it. Time goes fast - but nothing really changes, so make a change.

PUPPIES // Kirsty Wears Blog

Yes the puppies made it in the favourites, how could they not. Just look how happy I am in this picture makes me cry with laughter every time. There were 9 puppies in total and if I could get them all up in my arms I would. I was so sad to say goodbye to them when we moved this month, but I'm sure it won't be the last time I see them (if I have anything to do with it won't). Maybe a bike ride is on the cards..
6 months in thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog
// James and I, doing what we do best. Goofing around. This trip so far has been the best and there is none else I would rather experience it all with that my love.

// The elephants were amazing, such beautiful creatures and to see them up close and feed them lots of bananas was so much fun.

// One of my favourite things to do have been visiting the temples and getting to go inside. Such amazing buildings and so much detail and design go into each and every single one. They are like works of art.

// Koh Nang Yuan was a trip I'll never forget, and not because I was terrible ill on the boat but because I have never seen an island so beautiful and waters so clear. It was one of my favourite days.

// I do love a beach swing.

// Mine and James afternoon strolls and stumbling across treasures. This spirit tree has to be the most sassiest tree I have ever seen, I know that I will be pulling this one out in future projects for inspiration.

// ROAD TRIPS!! Were so much fun, getting lost countless times and finding hidden coral coves. If you haven't seen already I made a few road trip Vlogs.

// Again the temples and Buddhas were amazing to see.

// Our very long adventure to get our visa renewed, was tiring but has been part of the journey so far and a good one.

Bestie came to visit Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

I will never forget the faberooni time I had when one of my best friends came to visit and stay with me. Literally we did not stop laughing for the whole 2 weeks, and I'm sure we will never forget all the funny things we saw and did. Thank you so much for coming out Sam!!

Thailand // Meeting Natalie the baby elephant - Favourite Memories // Kirsty Wears Blog

Meeting baby elephant Natalie was probably one of my TOP favourite days, she was so gentle and cute. We were sure to buy her lots of bananas. I have loved having my Polaroid camera out here to capture some precious moments, although there has been many times I wished I had it with me when I didn't.

No.2 Waterfall Koh Samui Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

Oh soppy. Not sorry. This is one of my favourite (said that word so much I WANT to punch myself) photos of me and James. It is just so cute and at the Waterfall that we have been to a couple of times now, which has been one of our best places to visit in Koh Samui.

Visa runs and the beautiful sunset - Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

When I woke up in time to catch the sunrise over Surat Thani, on our ferry trip to the border. This place is just so beautiful.

FOOD Koh Samui Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

THE FOOD! I loved Thai food before I came to Thailand but honestly you have not tasted Thai food like it. It is 10000000000x better than back in the UK (obviously) I have eaten it pretty much everyday and am still not bored. It is so delicious and flavorous and spicy my god my mouths watering just thinking about it aha. Seriously there is nothing like it. Will most definitely miss it when we come back home.

halloween in thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog

Halloween was the best night. James won his Muay Thai fight , we partied all night long and then we got a burger king. Tremendous. Living here for the majority of the year means we get to see Koh Samui through all its seasons, holidays and celebrations, which has been so good to experience as coming for a couple of nights or a 2 week holiday you don't get to see all that goes on. I'm really looking forward to Christmas and New Year.

Christmas came to Koh Samui // Kirsty Wears Blog
Christmas came to Koh Samui // Kirsty Wears Blog
Speaking of Christmas, over the last month we have seen Koh Samui transform into a little Christmas paradise. With lights everywhere, Xmas trees in all restaurants and hotels, sparkling palm trees and quite possible to biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen in Central Festival (shopping centre). It is so magical and is making me very excited for the Christmas celebrations to come, even though it will just be me and James this year and I'll no doubt miss home lots on the day, it will still feel special and festive I'm sure.
Koh Samui Thailand // Kirsty Wears Blog
So I think I will round this post up now at it is getting pretty heavy. I hope you enjoyed reading and seeing some of my best bits so far, I am having the most wonderful time and am cherishing every second. I am really excited for what adventures the next half will bring and I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a great year. Speak soon xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments