TIPS&TRICKS // INSTAOGRAPHY & THE 5 APPS I USE

16:53

I think it is safe to say we are all pretty big Instagram user spending a good majority of our days taking pretty pictures, editing them and posting them for the world to see and love heart like. So I thought I would create a little post sharing with some of my favourite photo editing apps that I use pretty much all the time to create that perfect Instagramable picture.

A Beautiful Mess // I use ABM to add a fun element to my pictures whether is s a cute border, some text or cute symbols. It was one of the first apps I downloaded to edit my images, and I think at the time I paid 69p for it. I don't use it very often however it is such a cute app to have when wanting too add a personal touch to some photos, specially foodstagram and cute memoir moments. (See below for photo examples)
A Beautiful Mess App // Kirsty Wears Blog 
Insta Size // is the app I use to create white space around my photos, and it is also the app I use if a photo is to narrow or too large to fit in the standard Instagram photo square. I find I use Insta Size the most for displaying full length outfits, sometimes collaging two images together (like example), and displaying a whole picture whether it is portrait or landscape. 
Insta Size App // Kirsty Wears Blog
VSCOcam // I love VSCOcam it is a great app to use for editing a photos exposure, saturation, contrast etc.. I know you can now do this in Instagram but I tend to use VSCOcam still as I personally think it is a lot better to control. Also I love the filters that are available on VSCOcam they just have a nice feel and look to them. The app also has a 'fade' feature which I love to use on my photos. Personally I use this app A LOT, I'd say for the majority of all my Instagram photos, I find it editing perfect for pretty much every photo I take. So yep! VSCOcam is a winner in my eyes.
VSCOcam App // Kirsty Wears Blog
Mirror Effect // it is what it states on the tin. This app I simply use to mirror an image, and without a separating white line through the middle. A quick and easy app to use and it also allows you to crop down your image and re mirror it, so you can minimise the space mirrored in between (I have no clue weather that last sentence made any sense) but hey. Again I use Mirror Effect for outfit shots, as it is always nice to see double aha. 
Mirror Effect App // Kirsty Wears Blog
Picfx // I have used this app since the beginning when I created my Instagram on my iPod touch (yolo). I think I downloaded it along side A Beautiful Mess and I also think I paid 69p for it. This app is great to play around with as it offers loads of effects and filters to edit your images with. Personally I use it most for adding light effects to my photos, from a pink hue dusting or sprinkles of light dots (see below). I used this app a lot in the beginning, but maybe not so much now, however it is a great one to have just in case you feel like you're in the twinkling mood. I may start using it more often as it gives a photo such a pretty look and feel, perfect for making picture perfect memories. Also this app allows you to layer effects and filters on top of one another so you can play around with it for ages. 
Picfx App // Kirsty Wears Blog
I hope you found this post useful and maybe some new photo editting apps to try. I know that I like to read these kinds of blog posts one because I'm nosey and two because I'm always looking for new apps to try and download. So on that note do let me know of any photo editing apps you think I might like. Adios Amigos x

You Might Also Like

0 comments